Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Obsession

I LOVE the Twilight book series by Stephenie Meyer.
My girlfriends & sisters & I have been waiting all year for the last book in the series to be released.
So on Friday, Aug. 1st, my girlfriend, Sally & I went down to Provo to the Breaking Dawn release party at Borders books. We went out to dinner first, at the Olive Garden. Yummy! Then we went to the Mall and bought these shirts for the party!
My favorite guy character in the books is the "werewolf" Jacob Black, so my shirt says "I run with the pack" and Sally likes the vampire, Edward best, so her shirt says "One Bite is all it takes". We had a lot of fun at the party and got to meet a lot of interesting people and make some new friends.
This is me answering my question for the trivia contest. My question was "What did Jacob call himself in the tent?" from the Eclipse book. Space Heater! Luckily for me I got a Jacob question!
The store had a T-shirt contest. This shirt won 1st place! Very inventive! These other shirts were just some of my favorites.

Cute Pregnant Lady's shirt! I ordered the book online from Amazon, however I couldn't wait. So one the way home Sally & I stopped by Smiths, where another one of our friends, Miss J, was saving us a place in line to buy Breaking Dawn! Kinda crazy that there would be a line at Smiths in Heber!
Well, I started reading the book Sat. morning at 12:30a.m. and after some sleep that morning and some more reading Sat., and Sunday after church, I finally finished it Monday morning about 3 a.m.!
It was weird, but good! I'm sure, I'll like it more after I read it again!
However, Sally has my book now, because hers is stuck in transit in Denver for some reason. So I will have to wait until I get it back!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I admit I have not read these books. I will have to start with number 1 when Rachel is done with it!