Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I love reading books by Annette Lyon!

Annette Lyon has a series of books, that I have fallen in love with called the Temple series.
The 1st book -House on the Hill is written about the building of the the Logan temple. The story follows a young girl named Lizzy through the trails she faces growing up, finding herself and her true love.
The 2nd book- At the Journey's End is a sequel of sorts to the first book. It talks about the St. George Temple, and follows a young man named Abe as he searches for the truth and his true love(my favorite so far)
There are also 2 more books in this series Spires of Stone(the Salt Lake Temple) and Towers of Strength (the Manti Temple).
I'm currently reading Spires of Stone and it is a very witty and well written story so far.
I would recommend this series, not only are the stories fun and enjoyable reads, I've learned a lot about the sacrifices that went into building our temples.

3 comments:

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Thanks for the info. Now I have a new series to add to my summer read list :)

Annette Lyon said...

Heather, Thanks so much for this post--it totally made my day! I'm thrilled that you're enjoying my books!

Rachel said...

great, thanks alot Heather! Another great book series to read and get hooked on!

Wow, the author loves you!