Monday, December 14, 2009

Random Things!

Ray got to set on Santa's lap at the ward party, and tell him what everyone wanted for Christmas.
He did a great job!
Apparently, Ray & Weston want scooters, Ellie wants a music player, Bekah wants a Barbie, and Mom & Dad want a Clean house.

The Polar Express
Ellie & Anna(Ellie's BFF) and I signed up to volunteer on the Polar Express Train this holiday season. I got to be a reader/host.
Ellie and Anna were Elves.
They even got to pick their own elf names, Candy Cane and Glitter.
The girls and I had a lot of FUN and are already looking forward to next year.
My Birthday
Ellie has become quite the little baker/cook lately, she made and decorated this cake for my birthday
Happy 29 to me again!

Gingerbread Houses
Our family theme this year was Nursery Rhymes!
Ellie made the 3 little pigs Christmas!
House of Bricks
House of Sticks
House of Straw
We are not sure what Nursery Rhyme Weston came up with,
However it sure looked cool!
Inside too!
Bekah decided on Away in a Manger.
It turned out great and sold at the auction for $23.
Ray made Humpty Dumpty!
It sold at the auction for $10.
Gramie Anderson bought it, so Ray is excited to get to eat it after the holidays.
I was inspired by the Author/Illustrator Night at the library and made a scene from the book "Snowman at Night" by Caralyn and Mark Beuhner.
Snowball fight!
We turned our houses into the auction, right before going to Author's Night and I just relaxed and enjoyed the evening and didn't take one picture.

Grma Susy came up with this awesome clock from 3 Blind Mice Nursery Rhyme. It sold at the auction for $60.
This was my favorite house/castle at the Auction, such cute ideas for next year.

Thanksgiving Pies

I got to make pies(2 pumpkin, 1 apple,1 cherry, & 1 banana cream) this year for Thanksgiving with Lyn's family.
I had a lot of fun using my mother's pie crust cutter, from Williams~Sonoma.
I love the way the cherry one turned out! It looks so festive!

4 comments:

jessi said...

We loved seeing this post. Abram asked where the big bad wolf was in Ellie's display. I am amazed at you and your childrens' raw creativity. You really help them foster and explore that. Beautiful pies too. I love that leaf lattice of your mom's.

myletterstoemily said...

what a super cute blog! keep up the good work.

i know it can be exhausting raising a large family. we had five!

-myletterstoemily.blogspot.com

Ella Berg said...

The gingerbread houses were really
cute and unique - fun and so very
creative! But the pies - now I
know who is making more pies for
next Thanksgiving! You did an
awesome job on those, Heather! You
must have inherited Grandma Bergs &
Granny Gappmayers talents!

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

What a beautiful pie, I love the polar express pictures and performances, etc I'm so glad you updated your blog!