Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Timpanogos Cave

Lyn and the kids in the biggest room in the cave. The walls look like melting choc. ice cream.
Stalagmites, wait maybe it Stalagtites. Anyway the ones that grow from the ceiling.
The heart of Timpanogos. When they turn out the lights it glows red.(backlight)
This is the Epperson family stopping to rest on as we hiked down Mt. Timp from the cave. Going up about did me in. However going down was easier,until Bekah decided she was too tired to walk anymore. Ray had already went to sleep on Lyn's shoulder, so I started packing Bekah on my back which made me go even slower and my knee throb more. Just as I was about to make her walk, I thought with all these teenagers on the trail you think maybe the Lord could send someone to pack Bekah.(It wasn't really even a prayer, it was more of a complaint) At that moment around the corner comes a group of Y.W. and their leaders and one girl did offer to pack Bekah, even slowed her pace to let me keep up, and talked with Ellie the rest of the way down. I could say she was truely an answer to pray, however she was just one of God's Angels here on earth letting us know he really knows what we are going through and helps us even if when we don't ask nicely.
Thanks to Buzz(the girl's nickname) I really needed you that day and you had the faith to listen to the Lord.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I learned this is 5th grade. There was a little girl who wore tights. (I am sure it was a much better story than you are about to receive, but I am not a great typer.) Somehow she got into some mites. They crawled up her legs (stalagmites grow up) and so she pulled her tights down to get them off (stalagtites grow down).
Pretty neat huh? If you EVER need to retell this fabulous story, give it a little more personality.

I hate to admit that I have never been up to the cave. Pitiful aren't I?

DeAnn and Mike Thorstenson said...

Looks like your family had fun. Sure wish that we were closer so that we could be with you.