Sunday, December 9, 2007

Finally Old Enough

Weston has been anticipating the day he was Old Enough to help shovel the driveway with his Dad. So this morning he got up and ready for school and he finally got the chance to help.
He did a great job too, and Lyn even showed him how to spread the ice melt on after. He was beeming with pride when he came in to eat breakfast.
I was thankful Lyn took the time to show Weston how to properly shovel the driveway. Weston just loved helping his Dad.
On Sat. it snowed a lot and Lyn was off hunting and I had to go to the store and the driveway was full of snow. So Weston says "Mom we need to clear the snow off the driveway. Come on I'll help ya." So we head out to shovel and he shows me how to do it like Dad does it, I guess Dad's way is the only way. When we were done He says "Mom you can go in the house, Dad showed me how to put the ice stuff on and I'll do it!" He was so funny about it all, and I was so proud!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Good Job Heather, you are training him up to be a gentleman! Very nice! It looks like you have a helper for the rest of the winter!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! How sweet is that? Mark is going to be all over that when the boys rAe old enough to help with big boy chores. I bet Lyn appriciates it now too. Go LYN and WESTON!

Kohler Family said...

Way to go Weston!!!

Jenny said...

Have I mentioned since the last post that I wanted some warm cobbler and ice cream.... oh and way to go Weston!

I want some warm cobbler!