Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Purse Cakes for the R.S. B-day '08


For the Relief Society Birthday party, my friend Rachel, asked me to make
the cakes for the party. The theme of the night was
"Our Purse-onal Journey Closer to Christ"
So I made four purse cakes to go with the theme.

This cake is Choc. cake w/ choc. frosting and pink bubblegum tape accents.


This one is yellow cake w/ strawberry cream cheese filling and pink frosting and licorice accents


This one is white cake w/ lemon pudding filling, yellow frosting and jelly bean accents.

The handle is spice jelly beans strung on craft wire.

This cake is carrot cake w/ cream cheese frosting, the handle is wire ribbon, and the accents are made from molded yellow tootsie rolls.

I found this design for the Channel purse on the internet.

All together the turned out pretty cool! Everyone seems to love them!


4 comments:

Rachel said...

They were so perfectly perfect. You do such amazing work. you have a definate talent. I didn't realize the Cs were tootsie rolls! You are so creative!

I won't bother you for awhile to help with anything, so you can answer your phone when I call. I won't be roping you into anything else for a little while!

Thanks again for the fun cakes!

Kohler Family said...

Wow, awesome cakes!

Spencer's Adventures said...

Cute, cute cakes!

Jenny said...

You did such a good job, I don't think I would have even known where to start...