Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Small Town Quilt Show

I made this baby I-Spy quilt, for my niece Chloe. She loved it!

Over the 4th of July weekend, the Zurmatt Resort, in Midway hosted a Small Town Quilt Show.
There where a little over 100 Quilts on display, and despite the rain quite a few people came.
I was truly inspired by all the fun designs and beautiful quilts.

I love this block.
I'm going to combine it will some other blocks I love and make another Patriotic Quilt.
This Block will be a fun way to use all the old jeans I've been saving.
This one is called grandmother's hankies.
Way cute idea!
These are some of the quilts I loved!
Really liked the colors in this one.
Really love the stars in this one.
This one was my favorite of the whole show.
I'm on a Patriotic kick lately, and just love this design.
This one is my design and quilting job. I didn't have it judged because I'm still learning. I made it for the design challenge this year and it's called Baskets of Friendship. I made it for Aunt Kathryn for her birthday,


Kandy, Maurice, Ellie, and Maria went with me over to the show.
Here are their favorites!
Maurice loved the black Kaleidoscope Quilt
Kandy loved this barns and chicken quilt, especially the red, white, & blue chicken laying the eggs. She really loves chickens!
Ellie's favorite was this Stained Glass Quilt, it also won Best of Show.
Maria loved this Moda quilt, by our fellow quilt guilder, Natalia Bonner. She used layer cakes and charm packs to make this quilt, also she won 1st place at the show with another of her quilts.
I'm really glad I took the girls with me, going to this quilt show even inspired them!

No comments: