Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Train a child In the way he should go!

Last night we went to the store to buy the ice cream for Ellie's B-day party, and Weston wanted to buy a drink with his own money. Now at Smith's, where we mostly shop, they have these boxes by the change dispenser for Primary Children's Hospital donations and Ray loves to put my change in them and I've explained to my kids what they are for. So Weston buys his drink and then puts his hard earned change in the box, and the cashier says "Hey you don't have to do that. It's just a donation box." So Weston explains to her that he has a friend named Andrew in his church that has cancer and he goes to this hospital and the money will him to get better. The cashier was amazed, and I have never been so PROUD of my Weston. So kids do get some of the things we try to teach them!
I've added Andrew's Update blog under Please Pray for Andrew. Check it out

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is so sweet! Tell Weston he made me cry! I bet that made your heart melt. Good job mom and dad! What a good example he is to everyone.