Monday, January 21, 2008

Our Friends from Japan

Not long after Ellie was born, Lyn's mother had a foriegn exchange student from Japan come and live with their family for the summer, Her name is Midori. Her sister Madoka came and stayed for a little while also and as a family we all become very close to them. Midori brought her parents and her sister back for a visit when Weston was two, and we hadn't heard from them in a long while. Midori now lives in New York, and Madoka married a great guy Koki, from Denver, CO. area, where they now live. Midori's parents still live in Japan.
It was so good to visit with them and to see them again. We had Sunday dinner at our house, and had a good visit. Then they next day, Bekah, Ray and I took them to Dairy Keen for lunch, then met up with Lyn's Mom(Grma Susy) at the Wasatch Mnt. State Park and they went snow shoeing with her, while the kids and I fed the ducks. After that they were off to visit more of their Utah friends, before heading back to Colorado. I hope this time around we can stay better in touch with these neat friends.

Midori, me and Madoka

Ellie and Madoka

This is Ellie, Madoka and her Dad watching Ellie draw pictures for them. They were all very impressed with Ellie's art and she drew a picture for each of them.
Weston, Koki and Bekah

Bekah and Koki had a special bond from the start, he was so good to her and she dragged him everywhere with her, and he seemed to love it! The day after they left, Bekah was so sad, she sat in my lap and said"Mom, I miss Koki."
This is Koki reading to Ray. He was such a good sport!
We miss you all! Please email us!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Beautiful, that is all I have to say ~ BEAUTIFUL!!

Annelisa said...

Who knew you had friends from Japan! Wish I had friends from Japan, I just have American friends who live in Japan. Ha!

Jenny said...

My mom loves m names she is going to go crazy when i tell her these names.... Fun, So very fun.