Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The 4th of the 4th!

This picture is the last time all of my brothers, sisters, and parents, were all together at one time.
It was for my Uncle Dale's funeral which was a sad, but good day.
(L-R) Camille, Annelisa, Tyler, Me, Mom, Dad, Corey, Jacob, Krystalina, and Emily

The 4th of the 4th challenge is to go to your fourth picture folder, and find the fourth picture and write about it. I didn't know what picture it would be, but this is a good reminder for me, and even though I miss my Uncle Dale a lot, it's good to reflect on all that he taught me and all the he stood for. It will be 2 yrs ago this March. In some ways it seems longer ago than that, and in others it seems not quite so long ago. Around the time of his passing we made a book for my Aunt JuLee with all of our memories and pictures of Uncle Dale in it.

This is what we all wrote for the book.

Uncle Dale was a big tease. He teased me. -Ray

Uncle Dale was fun. He would rake up the leaves for us to jump in. –Weston

I loved Uncle Dale, because he loved me. He let me pick tomatoes out of the garden.
-Bekah Susan
I loved Uncle Dale, he let me help plant the garden, and taught me how to do it right.
He showed us how to rake the leaves into piles. He took us on nature hikes and always answered our questions. –Ellie Jo

Uncle Dale taught us so many things, how to plant and water the garden, how to work hard, how to do things right the first time.
He was a good listener and helped me to solve my problems and get back on the right track. He knew just how to teasingly encourage me to do better. He was a great example, and had to great testimony of the gospel.
He was fun. He told us to hide in the corn so we could sneak out and kick-the-can. I loved the fact that he was a Grandpa to Dad’s grand kids too. He included everyone. My children enjoyed the time spent on picnics and hikes with Uncle Dale. -Heather

Uncle Dale was always interested in how things were going in our life, and how he could help. He was a big tease, but it always made me feel like I was part of the family.
-Lyn

4 comments:

Rachel said...

very nice 4th of the 4th

it is wild that it has been that long ago that he passed away, it seems just like a few months ago to me, but I am sure not to his family

Anonymous said...

Heather, you have a beautiful HUGE family. You guys must have so much fun when you get together! I agree with Rachel, it doesn't seem like it’s been that long. Good memories from the kiddos, good journal entry! GET FEELING BETTER!!!!

jessi said...

Heather, I haven't ever seen that photo before. I would love it if you sent that to me in an attachment to my and Jacob's email. I want a copy of that one. I didn't understand "the fourth of the fourth" and thought of how Jacob is the "fourth" (child) of (your dad who is) "the fourth" (child in his family). I think that Uncle Dale's passing feels so long ago for us all because we all miss him so much.

*Crusan said...

wow. that's a good 4th! Mine was so boring!!! c'mon over anytime for a tour- just don't look if it's messy!