Monday, June 8, 2009

Baskets of Friendship-Design Challenge Quilt

The design challenge this year for Quilt Guild was called Baskets of Friendship!
We all had to make a 9 in. block then we swapped them, made 3 more basket blocks, added flowers, and then made a quilt or wall hanging.
This is the block that my friend and fellow quilter, Joan DeFrieze made.
I added the flowers to it.


This is my favorite. Gotta love that purple!
This quilt was quite a trial for me, the blocks ended up being different sizes, which made the sashing a bit difficult, however it turned out BEAUTIFUL in the end.


I even tried a flower quilting design instead of just stippling. I'm learning a lot and gaining more confidence. I gave this quilt to Aunt Kathryn for her Birthday.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

lOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I love this girl. miss you I will be there to see you all soon.