Monday, June 22, 2009

Mother/Daughter Summer Book Club

Ellie and I joined the Summer Book Club at the library. The 1st book is one of our favorites Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George. We really had a fun time reading it again together.
Ellie and I pose for our picture! She is dressed up as Creel, the heroine of the book and I'm a dragon named Feniul.
Even though this book has a girl for the heroine it is about fighting and of dragons. So even Conner, my friends son, thought it was cool.
For our discussion mtg. my friend, Miss Sally transformed the library in to King's Seat, the setting for most of the book. In the clothe district, we made our own pair of Dragon Slippers.
We played dress-up in Dreda's Dress Shop.
Miss Sally, dressed up as Creel, and Anna, as Princess Amalia with her little dog Pippen.
Ellie and I both had a great time, and Ellie really liked making her very own dragon slippers. Part of the discussion was "What would you like your Dragon Slipper magic to be?" The kids had some good ideas like being able to fly, and getting their homework done, however the mothers ideas were great, the laundry done in the blink of an eye, clean magic-everything stays clean, beam me up magic-to never be late, and for all the gross health food (rice cakes) to taste like chocolate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pic girl. love Beccas cake so good, love ya

Ella Berg said...

Fun things you get to do at the Library these days! I can't believe all of the "dress-ups" Sally has & she's so dramatic and fun!!! Tell her I think she should have been a movie star! I want the dragon slippers that will do my dusting - cute idea!