Monday, November 5, 2007

Snowman Snow!

A Couple of weeks ago we woke up to a winter wonderland. The snow only lasted one day, but the kids made the most of it! After Bekah got home from school, we all went out to build a snowman. Bekah started the bottom piece clear out in the middle of the grass lot, and it was huge and heavy by the time we rolled it to the corner of the house. The next two parts weren't quite so bad. Then Bekah helped me put the decorations on it with the snowman kit, while Ray filled in the sides with snow. When we were all done we took this picture, then came in the house for hot choc., because we were tired and cold. That was about 2:15 p.m.
By the time Ellie and Weston got home from school at 3:30, someone had knocked down our snowman. The highschool and middle school kids get dropped off by the bus at 2:45, so they must have knocked it down. I was mad, and Ray & Bekah were so sad, But thank goodness I love snowmen, so of course I took a picture. I'm grateful for that!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Dang, you guys are professionals!! That is one good looking snowman!

Jenny said...

That snowman is amazing, I didn't remember that we had that much snow. I love the snowman kit too! To bad it didn't last so the other kids could see it too. Great Job thinking to take a picture.

Annelisa said...

Great snowman! My kids are jealous, however I'm not...you can have the snow. Maybe we can sneak out of New Hampshire before it snows. Probably not, but it is a happy thought!