Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ode to High School Class of '89

This post is for my fun friend Rachel, who has dubbed this week Hooray for High school! High school was not a fun memory for me. I wasn't a jock, but I wasn't a nerd either, and our class of '89 was very clickish and social classed, so bad that it was taboo to date anyone outside of your social class, my senior year was the most fun for me, cause I rebeled and tried to change all that! I was still clogging my freshman year. Our group the Heber Hoedowners( not the best name) even went to competitions.
For all 4 years of high school I entered the ZCMI table setting contest and won and represented Wasatch High in the State contest. It was fun!

This is my favorite table setting of the 4. It was called a crisp country morning! The center piece ducks are still in my mothers front room.
I also loved to sing, and made the elite show choir called Sound Investment. This is a picture of us in Florida, performing at Disney World my Senior year. My brother Corey, and my cousin Tonya were in this group too. We had a lot of good times in choir!
This is my Jr. Prom. My Mother made this beautiful dress for me. We did the promanade thing and coming out thing where they annouce your name, my dress got a lot of ooo's and ahhh's. We also had the first dance with the parents. This is my Dad. He was so proud!

This is my best friend Wynn. We made a pack that we would go to the dances together, so we could always have a date. That only worked until he got a girlfriend, but this is my favorite picture of our date dances.
My Jr. year I decided that Heber boys were stupid. So I started dating out of town. This Rob Wirthlin, I meet him at a chior competition. We hung out/dated for about 3 1/2 months then the gas to SLC and Heber got to be too much of both of us. We remained freinds til after his mission. He was a lot of fun, but I was always so nervous around his Granfather, Elder Wirthlin.
This is the guy I liked all through High School, and never went out with til my senior year. We were both on the decorating committee for Morp, (girls choice) I wasn't "going" but Doug had to be there and I guess everyone assumed he had a date, but didn't. So the day before I asked him. I since I was the only one who did, I finally got my dream date. From the picture you can tell I was way more excited than he was. Cheesy grin! It was a great night, and we had a lot of fun. However the repreconsions (sp) weren't any fun for either of us!
Any way enough of my sob story. This is graduation! I was so glad to not have to go back again that I planned it, so that I was on my mission for my 5 year reunion. Cheesy enough they invited me and not my good friend Kim, who still lived in Heber with her parents.



6 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute pictures Heather!
So you are a fellow clogger huh? Right on! Did you guys ever to to the Lagoon Competitions? My siblings loved it when we went there because they got to play!
You had some nice hair too and I totally love the neon pink and green t shirts. I had a few of those!
The acid washed pants too, so very cool.
Your grad picture is cute and you do look very happy to be outta there!
Thanks for posting for me!

Jenny said...

I love it Heather. Cute pictures, the blue eye shadow is fantastic. I wish I could sing... and like I told Rachel, I only wanted to do that round kick thing, I never took any dance so alas I can't do much clogging. You look so good with bangs! They aren't sky high either like mine.

Love it Thanks for posting

Jenny said...

Oh, I am such a sucker for place setting and presenting things. Love it! It is all about the Presentation!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I am volunteering you and Rachel for the ward x-mas party entertainment (clogging)this next week, lol!! You do look good with bangs and yes, the blue eye shadow was a must:) And now that I know you can sing you must come to the ward choir....your secret is out! I love pictures with Dad's. He seems so sweet. You and your long skinny legs...I am jealous

Rachel said...

Amanda, I lost my bloomers for my clogging action, sorry. Heather will have to do a solo.

Unknown said...

See how skinny I was before childbirth! Even though my Mother still has clogging costumes in her basement, I will never fit in them again! Sorry No Christmas party!