Monday, February 25, 2008

Heather's Projects

This is another cake that I made for Lyn's partners daughter, Landrea. It turned out pretty cool.
She is a very girly girl so this jewelry box cake was prefect for her. My friends and family are telling me I should start a cake decorating business. What do you think?!
This is my 1st major quilt design for my new hobby, the Heber Valley quilt guild. It is a 6month project called design challenge, and this is 2 months worth. 1st was to make a quilt out of the assigned element, my was earth, the others where air, water, and fire, and 2nd was to applique something on it. I found the bear pattern online and really wanted to use it. My friend/mentor Rachel really helped me out with this! If it wasn't for her I would never be able to do this! Thanks Rach! It's been fun. So far, so good.
This is another project I've been working. A R.S. Valentine enrichment project. Yes, Valentine's is over, but I have other plans for this cute quilt.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So very cute! The jewelry box turned out darling. You should start your own business, you could make some serious $$$$!

The design challenge is awesome too. I am loving how those bears turned out.

Spencer's Adventures said...

Awesome cakes! I love checking your blog to see the latest. The princess cake was really cute too! I bet you'd have a lot of business around here...

Kohler Family said...

Crafty Heather!

jessi said...

I especially love your Valentine Heart project. So beautiful!