Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Favorite Touch- TTA

My favorite touch would 1st be the Hugs & Kisses from my family. I love to snuggle-snuggle with my kids and sing the Snuggle Puppy song! They also love my tickle kisses!
It's also great to snuggle with my husband, especially when I'm cold.
He is my own personal heater.
Another favorite touch is to have my feet comfortable.
Bare Feet is best,
but if I have to wear shoes they better be comfortable ones.

The following story will illustrate my point.

Before Rendezvous season started this year, my husband knew he needed to rebuild his moccasins, however he never got around it.(not that he was lazy or anything like that. He just didn't have time) Anyway, Sat. the 1st day of Nationals. We were just setting up camp, so he wore his boots all day. The next day was Sunday and so that he could go to church, I let him were my moc's and I wore my Pre-1840 lace up boots, that really aren't that comfortable. (black-pic above) I guess women in that time period just didn't know any better. So by the end of the day my feet were killing me. So I told Lyn I wasn't going to wear these boots much longer. So we went shopping up to Trader's Row(that's the place all the traders set up shop in a general area) So after walking around and shopping for a while I found a trader that had moccasins for an affordable price. ($125) So I told Lyn to come try them on, so he did and then told me how comfortable they were and said " Heather, you should really try on a pair too." He should have known, that comfortable shoes are my downfall, especially when my feet are killing me!

Needless to say he left the trader's shop(South Fork Trader's out of Livermore, CO) with two pairs of new moccasins instead of one.

Actually, the trader gave us a deal because we bought 2 pair. So it all turned out good in the end, and I have the most comfortable pair of moccasins I have ever owned.

2 comments:

Shellie said...

That rendezvous sounds fun! I'd go for the comfortable shoes all the way!

Rachel said...

love the moccasins, good for you that you got a new pair!