Sunday, July 27, 2008

A River Runs Through It~RMNR '08

This are a lot of us in the River. It was pretty cold until, you got use to it. It took us a while, but we built this rock dam and made to pool to play in. (pictured clockwise)Short Shadow, Bekah, Ed,Weston, Spencer, Ellie, Ray, Malia, Bridger, and Lyn
The pool was deep enough it float in, and very relaxing on a hot day.
Here are Chris and Klint teaching Bekah to swim.
Here is Lee, Grma Susy, and Ted cooling off.
We usually got in the river every afternoon.
Ellie, Lyn, and Bekah going for a swim.
We also took the opportunity to bathe in the River. Here is Lyn washing Ray's hair. Oh. Nellie! It was Cold! Yet, we were really glad to have a river this year. Most of the time it's we don't.


5 comments:

Bonnie B said...

Your pictures are beautiful!!!! I really need to update my blog and make it more exciting-- especially my profile pic (it's horrid, but it's the only one I have-- does that say camera shy). Anyway I had a fantastic time with your family. You all were so nice. As soon as I get photos I will post mine too. I'm so happy you stopped by-- you all were fabulous!

VickiJ said...

Hello Epperson Eagles,
I was just enjoying your blog, especially the rendezvous parts. My family also loves pre-1840 reenacting - except we're in Ohio. We attended the Old Northwest in late June/early July this year, which was our first nationl event. I'm planning to go to the Eastern in October, which is also in Ohio this year. My 9-year-old son throws hawk and my 14-year-old daughter has started leaning archery. I do a little of both. And I'm starting to make baskets as demonstrations for the public. I would love to come out west to an event someday. I would like to keep in touch with you, but I'm not sure how to get you my contact info without putting it out here for everybody to see. (Too much spam, you know.) Do you get my contact info when I post this comment? If not, I'll check back on the blog and can keep in touch that way.

Jenny said...

I love it! That looks like so much fun. I am begining to think I am a bit of a City Savage. I don't know if I could rough it like that!

Rachel said...

Oh Nellie is right, I bet cold! But nice and refreshing. Where are the pics of you in the river?!?!?!?!?

Unknown said...

I am not in the pictures cause I took them all. Also VickiJ our email is the same as our blog eppersoneagles@gmail.com Do you have a blog?It didn't come up when I checked your info.