Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crazy Busy May!

We have had a CRAZY first part of May! It's been fun, however very busy!
Today was Ellie's 4th grade program. In 4th grade they learn all about the great state of Utah, and at the end of the year the kids do to program to tell what they have learned. They sing, dance and have parts to say.
This is the singing part. Ellie's favorite song in the program was Utah Indians, which told about all the Indians that lived in Utah.
This is the Virginia Reel dance that they had to do. Ellie has her hair in a ponytail. None of the girls her age liked to dance with the boys, cause they had to hold their hands! Ewe Cooties!
Gramie & Grandpa Vic Anderson were able to come to watch Ellie's program. She did a great job and we are all proud of her!

The Weight Loss Challenge
Last Monday we got a crazy idea to walk the bike path to Midway(2 miles). The kids had a blast riding their scooters, with their new helmets, and knee, wrist, and elbow pads.

Ray road in the stroller most of the way, but he did get out and walk with Grandpa Berg for a little while.
As a family (the Bergs) we are having a weight loss challenge. So Dad said we all need to walk together, which is fun, however I'm not sure if he is just trying to slowly kill us off one by one so he will win or what!
Mother's Day

I really got a hull this Mother's Day! These are some of my gifts.

Weston made me a really cool book at school, that tells what my favorite things are from his point of view. It's very thoughtful! I loved that Lyn and his brother Klint waited on us hand and foot and wouldn't let us prepare or clean up the dinner. I loved all the homemade cards from my children, and the German pancakes with blueberries for breakfast. I loved all the flowers that I received, especially the tulips(my fav.) and the painted daisies. I also loved all the chocolates! It was a great day!

This is a picture of our visit to the Provo Temple after a baby blessing last Sunday.
I think my kids are humoring me for the picture.
Another Quilt Finshed!
Last but, not least! Here is the quilt that I finished at the Quilt Retreat for my Aunt Charlotte's B-day. (Her B-day was the end of March) The reason it took me so long to finish it is because, it was my 1st major machine quilting job. I'm not too convinced that machine quilting takes less time at this point. (Even though it does)

Anyway to turned out good for a 1st timer. As you can tell I only quilted nesting squares in every other square.

She loved it of course!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

of course she loved it!!
It turned out very nice, good job. You are an old pro now.

I loved 4th grade, I think it was my favorite because we spent so much time with Utah History. What fun for Ellie.

Spencer's Adventures said...

Glad you got hooked up for Mother's Day! You deserve it. The quilt is beautiful. All of you quilters have such talent.

Jenny said...

Heather, so cute. You are getting so much done, are you loving your new sewing area?????